HRC Culinary Academy offers an integrated 2-year associate’s degree program in a modular design, created by top international chefs and top educators with proven academic track records. Our total immersion hands-on instruction quickly transforms students into qualified professionals.
Get ready to enhance your culinary skills with unique series of applied practical lab classes that will not only provide you with a comprehensive knowledge of both classic and modern cooking techniques but also help you to adapt to the professional environment. By mastering these skills, you will have a competitive edge in the industry and a better understanding of the global cuisines that dominate the current culinary scene.
One of the highlights of the program is the two paid internships in Europe and the USA. After completing the first semester on our campus in Sofia (Bulgaria) you will have the opportunity to go to a high-end culinary establishment in Europe where you will complete a 6-month internship. *Visa regulations may limit your choices for internship locations. For non-European students, their initial internship is typically within Bulgaria.
Semester 3 is then back on campus, where you will learn about a la carte cuisine at the Academy’s fine dining restaurant Talents.
The final semester 4 is a paid internship in the USA, taking place at a 5* luxury hotel or high-end restaurant. Upon completing the program you will be granted an officially accredited ACF diploma.*
But cooking is not all that it takes to become a great chef! In your study curriculum you will expand your horizon by learning new business and soft skills during classes like Management and Leadership, Cost Control, Food Photography and Styling, Nutrition and Food Safety, Marketing and Hospitality trends! You’ll be also involved in the world of Event Management and Restaurant operations.
*You can see the students achievement data (program outcomes) for all ACFEF accredited programs here.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Diploma for a successfully finished secondary education.
- Working knowledge of English. (B1 level is a good start).
- Foodie by heart and a future chef by attitude!
- Passion for gastronomy and the hospitality industry.
If you would like to get familiar with the Admission process, please click here.
Next starting dates
We have two intakes per year. The next starting dates are as follows:
Applications are open all year round, however, depending on your citizenship and visa status there might be some delay. We advise:
- Holders of EU/EEA passports to submit their application no later than 15 working days before the start of the program.
- Non-EU passport holders to submit their application no later than 90 working days* before the start of the course.
*Please note that there are different procedures that apply for one to obtain their VISA. Thus, the period could be longer than 30 days. Therefore, some applications might be prolonged until the next intake.
Affordable tuition fees
Associate’s degree in Culinary Arts for Local (Bulgarian) Students
- Tuition fee €2200 per semester
Associate’s degree in Culinary Arts for International Students
- Tuition fee €3400 per semester
- One-time equipment fee of €500 (includes a professional knife roll, chef’s gear and kitchen shoes)
- Non-EU Students* pay an enrollment fee of €1300 (the fee includes assistance for the process, preceding visa application, and students status for 2 years without interruption of the program (possible break between the semesters might incur additional fees).
*Please note that due to Visa requirements the admission process for Non-EU students might be different. Please click here for full information.
*You can find our refund policy here
Fill in the application form.
We will get in touch with you to give you additional information and answer your questions.
You need to book an appointment for an online interview. We would like to have a friendly chat to understand your proficiency in English and learn more about why you choose to study at HRC Culinary Academy.
The Interview fee is EUR 50.