Admissions procedure for NON European Union students
After completing your online application, the following 5 steps will take place in order to get you started at the HRC Academy. Keep in mind that the overall procedure takes approximately 3 months.
Payment of the EUR 100 registration fee and emailing us your High School diploma and international passport
Intake interview with our Admissions department. The Academy will send an email notification with results within 5 working days.
Upon acceptance, a non-refundable reservation fee is due amounting at EUR 700 to be received by bank. Together with the reservation fee payment we require the following documents to be sent to the Academy.
1. Original or notarized copy of Diploma of completion for Higher Secondary Education including the compulsory subjects (script).
2. Certificate issued by the Ministry of Education in the residence country stating that the academic credentials of the applicant gives him\her the right and the access to university education in the country of residence.
3. Original Health Certificate issued not longer than a month prior to the date of the application at the Bulgarian Ministry of Education.
4. Six identical and recent color passport size photos.
All documents should be certified by the respective authorities (Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the resident’s country), attested and legalized by the Bulgarian consulate at the nearest Bulgarian diplomatic mission and translated into Bulgarian by a certified translator.
• You can find the closest to your location Bulgarian Embassy or Consulate here.
• You can find all the necessary visa information (fees and application forms) here.
• For the countries, that signed the Hague Convention, there is the so called Apostille Certificate. After translating and notarizing the documents, they can be “super legalized” with this certificate without the need to be legalized further in the respective authorities or the Bulgarian consulates. The list of the countries and further information about the Apostille Certificate you can find here.
Once these documents are received by HRC Culinary Academy, they will be sent to the Bulgarian Ministry of Education for approval. This process may take approximately 30 working days.
HRC Culinary Academy will send notification via email of the applicant’s approval status from the Bulgarian Ministry of Education. At this point the student must pay the relevant tuition fees.
Upon receiving the fees mentioned in step 4, the HRC Academy will send a document package to you needed for the application of the Bulgarian visa D. The application for the Bulgarian visa D takes approximately 20 working days.
Visa extension for Non EU Citizens
Non EU Citizens must be aware that due to Bulgarian Ministry of Interior regulations, students can only be granted initially a maximum of visa validation of up to 6 months at the Bulgarian Embassy. Prior expiration of this initial period of 6 months, the student has to apply for a residence permit which will be valid for 1 year.
*Information contained in this guide is constantly updated. HRC Culinary Academy is not responsible for the consequences of previous information in this guide which may have been amended. (Last update 20.06.2017)