N e w s & E v e n t s
€2000 for the Most Fabulous Street Food Concept!
The Scholarship contest – Autumn 2021 is now open!!!
Burger wagons, sidewalk vendors, holes in a wall, pushcarts and much more are so trendy now. The chefs on the street are cooking for crowds who pack around their shops, craving deliciousness in the middle of a busy day. Those chefs aren’t looking for a Michelin star recognition, but for a thankful smile and eye-roll-yummy-face. They are taking the street food to another level and so can you!
Impress us with a recipe and a mood board or video dedicated to the Most Fabulous Street Food Dish, you can think of! We have prepared a yummy well-seasoned check of €2000 for the winner!
Let’s get started! Roll up your sleeves!
Your task is to come up with the most amazing dish, you can imagine, and recreate the recipe to fit all the requirements for street food …and no, the hot dog is not what we are looking for! Maybe, you will find Chef Henri Donneaux inspiring on this video?
Please submit your application no later than September, 10, 2021 13:00 o’clock.
The application consists of 2 parts:
- Part 1 – Recipe:
You need to develop a unique recipe suitable for street food; one that can be thoroughly enjoyed outside without fork and knife.
- Considers the fact, that it is a street food meal!
- Think about the packaging and your brand!
- Consider the prep time. Your customer is already hungry and waiting. Simply show us how you plan to approach the cooking process.
- Psst, don`t forget the taste and flavor! Even though we cannot taste it, we do know, what is essential for a good recipe.
No pressure, just try to blow our minds, because our €2000 check is amazing, fresh out the oven and smells GOOD!
Ah, and don`t forget, we do speak other languages, but please submit your entry in English.?
Part 2 – Mood board/Vidео:
Consider it your chance to show us, what`s on your mind. The mood board; inspiration board; storyboard, call it as you please, is simply a collage of ideas. Thrust us, it is better and way more fun, than writing an essay. Traditionally, in such competitions, you are asked to explain your concept in words and then you rely on our vivid imaginations, BUT we would prefer to see a visual presentation of your concept. It is up to you to choose, whether you want to shoot a video or prepare a mood board.
You don`t need to be tech-savvy or a designer, you just need to have a clear concept and present it in a way, that will reveal the idea behind your dish and convince us, that you are the one!
How to join the competition?!
- Please, send your materials to firstname.lastname@example.org, if your files are too big, feel free to use any file transfer service convenient to you (for example – dropbox, google drive, wetransfer.com). IMPORTANT: in case you are using google – please make sure that you have shared the link with email@example.com, otherwise we get locked links and we have troubles viewing them on time, which might result on you missing the deadline.
- The deadline for sending your application is September 10, 2021, 13 o’clock and the results will be announced after the opening of the new semester!Important! Please note that this scholarship is open to all students who are currently enrolled in a Culinary Arts course for the academic year that begins in September 2021. That means that if you are not among those you need to submit your application for the Culinary Arts degree program as well, otherwise you risk missing the deadline for enrollment and respectively the chance to take advantage of the scholarship, as it can be granted to accepted students only. If you have not applied yet, you can do it here.
May the culinary force be with you!see all news