There are brunch and breakfast concepts popping out from behind every corner. But it’s always the same french toasts, eggs benedict, mimosas, and nothing with a funky twist! Well if you like tacos for breakfast or are creative enough to come up with a fascinating out of this world breakfast dish then this challenge is for you! Impress us with a video and a recipe and we have prepared a yummy well seasoned check of €2000 for the winner!
Let’s get creative!
Restaurants seem to have tried almost everything “normal” by now that’s been offered on the food market. That means, that in order to quench the thirst for new flavours, chefs need to get more creative and offer more than just the traditional expected brunch and breakfast dishes.
Your task is that you’ll have to come up with the most amazing breakfast/brunch recipe! Remember it needs to be something very exciting and should be a breakfast dish after all, if you think that a juicy grilled rib-eye will win you the contest you are totally in the wrong direction. We want to see how creative you are when it comes to breaking the accepted norms in traditional cuisine. We want to see traditional dishes,transformed in a unique way and be presentable and interesting.
A few you tips you can find useful:
- maybe you will find Chef Henri Donneaux inspiring on this video.
- create a fusion recipe
- add a twist a traditional breakfast dish from your or other country
- re-engineer a dish that is not traditionally meant for breakfast but with little readjustments it is good to go
- follow your gut and cook your heart out!
Please submit your application no later than September, 10, 2020 13:00 o’clock.
The application consists of recording a video:
- What you should do:
This is when it gets fun! We expect you to record a video of you cooking/finishing up the recipe that you have come up with and present it nicely. The video should be no longer than 8 min and you are allowed to do any sort of editing.
You have got to make sure that we are going to be pleasantly surprised so just a hint – act normal, stay fresh, be fun and let your passion for cooking guide you through it.
The better you explain your motivation and arguments, the closer you will be to winning the scholarship contest. The video needs to be entirely in English and it should be very clear of what you do! 🙂
- Please, send your materials to firstname.lastname@example.org, if your files are too big, feel free to use any file transfer service convenient to you (for example – dropbox, google drive, wetransfer.com, youtube.com (just for your video), etc.). IMPORTANT: in case you are using google – please make sure that you have shared the link with email@example.com, otherwise we get locked links and we have troubles viewing them on time which might result on you missing the deadline.
see all news
- The deadline for sending your application is September, 10, 2020, 13 o’clock and the results will be announced after the opening of the new semester!
Please note that this scholarship is open to all students who are currently enrolled in a Culinary Arts course for the academic year that begins in September, 2020. That means that if you are not among those you need to submit your application for the Culinary Arts degree program as well, otherwise you risk missing the deadline for enrollment and respectively the chance to take advantage of the scholarship, as it can be granted to accepted students only. If you have not applied yet, you can do it here.