NEWS & EVENTS
- The €1000 scholarship for Restaurant Managers is now open! We are giving away a scholarship for our F&B Management Program! Take a look what it takes to be among the finalists!
- The €2000 scholarship contest for September's intake is now open! Learn how you can be the one who wins €2000 scholarship and be among the top chefs in the world's culinary scene!
- Dr. John Dunning with a one of a kind hospitality workshop! Dr. John Dunning is back to the HRC Academy but this time we are about to discuss Hospitality trends and brainstorm on innovation, together with more hospitality professionals from Sofia and the region.
- The Hospitality Company x HRC Culinary Academy collaboration The Hospitality Company and HRC Culinary Academy enter a collaboration to develop the world of hospitality and strengthen the Front Office spaces internationally.
- Culinary Cup 2019 was an amazing experience! Culinary Cup 2019 was amazing!
- ENVIRECA Projecet Meeting kicks off in Sweden! Partners of ENVIRECA project met together last Tuesday for the Second Project Meeting in Borlange, Sweden. The meeting was a good opportunity to discuss about results achieved until now, next activities to be implemented and how to deal with obstacles encountered. But the event represented also the opportunity to discover the University of Dalarna, that hosted the meeting, and get in contact with its stimulating academic environment.
- Bacchus Magazine: Restaurant of the Year 2019 We are honoured to announce that our Chef Francisco is responsible for sculpturing the final dessert at the Gala dinner during the Restaurant of the year awards in Sofia, Bulgaria. The event is organised by our friends at Bacchus magazine.
- Master Class Haute Pâtisserie avec Pierre Hermé We are delighted to be hosting a pastry competition judged by the guru Pierre Herme himself!
- Gelato Chef Elisa Volanti visits HRC Academy's Students Gelato guru Chef Elisa Volanti visits HRC Culinary academy's students with an exclusive workshop regarding gelato, ice cream and frozen desserts production and the technology behind it.
- Scholarship Competition 2019 We invite you to take part in our annual scholarship competition! HRC Culinary Academy will grant a scholarship of 2000 euro to a motivated and talented person who wish to become a professional in the Culinary Arts. In order to apply for the scholarship you have to be accepted as a student in our Culinary Arts programme.
- Guest Chef Roberto Dal Seno Workshop and Dinner It’s the third edition of the Italian Culinary Week around the world. We are honoured to be hosting an exciting event together with Istituto Italiano di Cultura Sofia.
- HRC Academy's Hotel project has officially kicked off As we cook our own meals we also like building our own restaurnts and hotels so, we are happy to announce that today we did the first dig for our new exciting project!
- Vladimir Todorov - U.S. Beef Ambassador Vladimir Todorov, alumni of the HRC Culinary Academy, was invited from the U.S. Meat Export Federation for a week long educational trip to Colorado, United States. Together with Vladimir, chefs and food managers from Poland, Finland, Germany, Italy, France, Holland and Czech republic took part in in the workshop.
- We Have a Winner for Our Special Scholarship Competition! Today, after careful assessment of the applications received, the winner in the Special Scholarship Competition for Culinary Arts programme was announced. This is Mihail Petrov. He is awarded with a 2000 euro scholarship for tuition in the programme from HRC Culinary Academy.
- Food and Beverage Management Programme - Scholarship Competition The competition is now open and you are welcome to submit your application not later than 30-th of September, 2018.
In order to take part in the competition you need to:
- Apply for the F&B Management Program – you just need to fill out the following form http://hrcacademy.com/en/apply
- Solve the business case and submit your entry until 30-th of September, 2018 with an email to email@example.com.
- Scholarship Competition - Autumn 2018 We invite you to take part in our annual scholarship competition for the autumn of 2018! HRC Culinary Academy will grant a scholarship of 2000 euro to a motivated and talented person who wish to become a professional in the Culinary Arts. In order to apply for the scholarship you have to be accepted as a student in our Culinary Arts programme.
- HRC Academy hosted the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) to help them promote the American foods and drinks in Bulgaria. We had the pleasure to host exciting guests here at HRC Academy – the U.S. DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE (USDA).
- Barbara Castiglione will be a Guest Lecture in HRC Culinary Academy Again During the period of 27-th June till 29-th of June 2018, the famous sugar artist and decorator Mrs Barbara Castiglione from Italy will deliver a course in Cake Design and Decoration with an accent on decorating wedding cakes with flowers in gum paste or modeling chocolate.
- Eleonora Angelova from Dobrich is the winner in the competition “I am the Best Cook” Eleonora Angelova, a student from the Professional High School of Tourism “P.K. Yavorov”, Dobrich is the winner in the competition “I am the Best Cook”. The competition was organized by HRC Culinary Academy and the Bulgarian-Swiss Dual Education Project DOMINO.
- HRC Culinary Academy’s Team Won the 1st place at the International Gastronomy Festival “Cook and Serve 2018” Macedonia On 18th of May, HRC Culinary Academy took part in the International Gastronomy Festival “Cook and Serve 2018” which was held in Shtip, Macedonia. The Academy was represented by a team of three students – Oktay Hyusein, Tsvetan Gavrilov and Velislav Borisov and chef Milen Zlatev - one of the Academy’s chef-instructors and Executive chef of Talents Restaurant.
- Italian Students took part in a Culinary Course in HRC Culinary Academy, Bulgaria Two groups of Italian students took part in a short Culinary Arts, Hospitality and English language Course in HRC Culinary Academy, Bulgaria. The students from IPPSA Nino Bergese, Genova and Istituto Statale D’ Istruzione Bonaldo Stringher, Udine enjoyed different types of activities in the Academy.
- The Eleven Finalists in the Culinary Competition for Young Talents are Announced Online voting in the social media which started today will determine the Award of the Public as well as the 12-th finalist in the competition “ I am the Best Cook”. The competition is organized by HRC Culinary Academy and the Bulgarian-Swiss Dual Education Project DOMINO. The online voting will take place in facebook and youtube channel of the project until 25-th of May.
- Dr John Dunning /guest lecturer/ on on the Professionalism: achieving wine sales in restaurants and the role of the sommelier We are happy to invite you to join a special wine event!
25 April 2018 at 10:30 a.m.
HRC Culinary Academy - 59 Tsar Boris III Blvd., 1612 Sofia, Bulgaria
Dr John Dunning on on the Professionalism: achieving wine sales in restaurants and the role of the sommelier
Lecture in English language + Wine Tasting
- Culinary competition for young talents - HRC Academy and DOMINO Project The HRC Culinary Academy and the Bulgarian-Swiss Dual Education Project DOMINO are looking for the best young culinary talents from the professional high schools in Bulgaria. The "I am the best cook" contest will help us identify the most ambitious and talented students among all of those young talents who are already studying for chefs.
- HRC Culinary Academy at Vratsa After two successful events in Razgrad and Gabrovo, HRC Culinary Academy with the support of the America for Bulgaria Foundation, visited the town of Vratsa in search of the best culinary talents in the region.
- HRC Culinary Academy offers a scholarship of up to 2000 euros to talented restaurant-managers-to-be More on how to join the competition and kick start your career in the following lines...
- Scholarship Competition – Spring 2018 Our competition for a special scholarship of up to 2000 EUR is now open!
You can submit your application not later than March 5, 2018.
The theme of the contest is...
- Pastry Master Class with Barbara Castiglione We are inviting you to join a Pastry Master Class organized by the International Federation of Pastry, Ice Cream and Chocolate.
This is a four-day theoretical experiential course, where the following topics will be studied: ice cream, artistic sugar, cake design and airbrushing. All participants will receive a year membership card to the Federation and Certificate of Attendance.
- The Scholarship Contest – Culinary Arts Autumn 2017 has a winner! After a long and fierce competition, we finally have the name of the winner in our contest for a special scholarship of up to 2000 EUR for education in our Culinary Arts degree.
- Bulgarian team will compete for the World Trophy of Pastry Ice Cream Chocolate FIPGC in Milan, Italy on 21-22 October 2017 In October Milan becomes the world pastry capital and around 40 nations, from 5 continents will compete for the trophy. For the first time ever, Bulgaria will be among those nations and our team will put Bulgaria on the culinary map.
- Competition for a special scholarship of up to 2000 EUR in the F&B Management program The competition is now open and you are welcome to submit your application not later than September 30, 2017.
In order to take part in the competition you need to...
- Culinary Academy for Kids - 31.07-11.08. HRC Culinary Academy opens its doors for young chefs from 6 to 12 years. Every weekday from July 31 to August 11, kids will cook with the HRC Culinary Academy Chefs. The recipes are suitable for children, and the focus of the cooking classes will be healthy food.
- Scholarship Competition - Autumn 2017 Our competition for a special scholarship of up to 2000 EUR is now open!
You can submit your application not later than August 31, 2017.
The theme of the contest is 'Zero Waste Cooking'.
- National Culinary Cup of Bulgaria 2017 – Golden medals for the HRC Academy Team HRC Culinary Academy with a golden team at the National Culinary Cup of Bulgaria 2017! Petio Stanishkov, Dicho Dichev and Aneliya Velyova won the Cup - Culinary Team of Bulgaria 2017.
- The Scholarship Contest – Culinary Arts Spring 2017 has a winner! After a long and fierce competition, we finally have the name of the winner in our contest for a special scholarship of up to 2000 EUR for education in our Culinary Arts degree.
After a thorough review of the applications, the jury members - Chef Henri Donneaux, Chef Hugues Boutin, Chef Milen Zlatev and Chef Viktor Svetoslavov awarded the scholarship to ...
- Pastry Workshop with chef Pavel Pavlov Тhe first workshop will be held in Sofia, where it has all started. The workshop will take place in the period April 6-8, 2017 with the help of Pavel’s first mentor chef Evgeni Filchev. The classes will last 3 days and will feature variety of desserts. Host of the course is HRC Culinary Academy.
- Scholarship Competition Spring 2017 Our competition for a special scholarship of up to 2000 EUR is now open!
You can submit your application not later than February 28, 2017.
The theme of the competition is 'How to get kids eat more vegetables?'
- Grand Opening of the New Home of HRC Culinary Academy The new facility:
- over 2 years of renovation works.
- creating careers for 200 young aspiring chefs, half of which are from Bulgaria...
- The Scholarship Contest – Culinary Arts Autumn 2016 has a winner! After a long and fierce competition, we finally have the name of the winner in our contest for a special scholarship of up to 4000 EUR for education in our Culinary Arts degree. We hit a record number of participants from 11 different nationalities.
- Our first special scholarship of € 2,000 for education in F&B Management Program is awarded to… Our first scholarship of € 2,000 for education in F&B Management Program is awarded to Anton Veldanov who beat the competition with his business plan for a healthy fast food restaurant.
- The Cook & Chef Institute and Bergner partnering with HRC Culinary Academy The Cook & Chef Institute Foundation is equipping HRC Culinary Academy with a selection of BERGNER products. In return, the Academy is going to contribute to the innovative technological development of thе brand through testing the equipment by teachers, chefs and students.
- Guest Chefs from UK visiting HRC Culinary Academy This week we had special guests from Zuma, ROKA and Oblix:
Chef Hamish Brown – Group Executive Chef for ROKA
Chef Julien Philippe – Group Pastry Chef for Zuma, ROKA and Oblix
Simon Dallyn – Global Recruitment Manager.
During the visit they made an awesome culinary demonstration ...
- Scholarship Competition Autumn 2016 Our competition for a special scholarship of up to 4000 EUR is now open!
You can submit your application until August 31, 2016.
- The Winner of the Competition for Culinary Ambassador of Bulgaria is… The Culinary Festival "Bulgaria welcomes the flavors of the world" started on the 12th of May in Stara Zagora and went through the cities of Burgas, Plovdiv, Veliko Tarnovo, Ruse and Varna. The last stop of this culinary journey was Sofia on the 28th of May.
- HRC Culinary Academy awards 4 young talents with special scholarships for the total amount of € 12 000 The most talented high-school students competing in the prestigious National Culinary Cup of Bulgaria 2016, which was held between 21st and 23rd of April in Plovdiv, were awarded with special scholarships, which will give them the chance to study in the best culinary academy in the country.
- 2 medals at the National Culinary Cup 2016 for the talents of HRC Culinary Academy This year's National Culinary Cup brought together talented chefs from across the country - a total of 12 teams and 19 individuals competed in the two major categories of National Culinary Cup of Bulgaria – the Best Culinary team of Bulgaria and the Best Chef for 2016, which was held between 21st and 23rd of April in Plovdiv. During the Culinary Cup the contestants competed in many other categories like the Best Pastry Chef, the Best Baker, the Pizza Master, the Best Bartender and the Best Waiter/Waitress.
- Check out, what the Bulgarian National Television`s cameras caught in the kitchen of our training restaurant ... HRC Culinary Academy is a co-organizer of the international culinary festival "Bulgaria welcomes the flavorс of the world." http://www.iknowbulgaria.bg/
- In the Chefs` Kitchen A month ago Bacchus Magazine and HRC Culinary Academy started the search for “The Best young chef for 2015”. A lot of motivated and talented chefs entered the competition and now we cannot wait to find out who is going to take the prize.
- Is the next Jamie Oliver coming from Bulgaria? Frankfurter Allgemeine / English summary //
Edition: February 5, 2016
- Guest Chef Roberto dal Seno at HRC Culinary Academy This week the spirit in HRC Culinary Academy is Italian with Chef Roberto dal Seno in our kitchen.
- Scholarship Competition Spring 2016 Our competition for a special scholarship of up to 4000 EUR is now open!
- Another successful year has passed Another successful year has passed and as ever we have been very busy.
Here is our year in review!
- For the 5th time now the Academy and the teaching restaurant Talents are taking part in the “Week of the author`s cuisine” of the Bacchus magazine - 19 - 25 October 2015 For the week of the author`s cuisine of the Bacchus magazine, the head chef of the teaching restaurant Talents - Milen Zlatev has prepared an unique own menu inspired by the French classical cuisine with elements from molecular cuisine.
- VENI VIDI VICI! Two of our 4th semester students won golden medals at the prestigious ACF Student Competition - Vladimir Todorov and Viktorija Baltutyte.
- The Minister of Agriculture of the Netherlands and Her Delegation at HRC Culinary Academy Mrs. Sharon Dijksma the Minister of Agriculture of the Netherlands, H.E. Ambassador van Oorschot and an official delegation visited HRC Culinary Academy on 30 September.
- HRC Culinary Academy at the European Education Fair – Bulgaria 2015 HRC Culinary Academy will take part in the European Education Fair – Bulgaria 2015, which will take place in Sofia - 26-27 September 2015 at Marinela Hotel (Kempinski) and Plovdiv - 29 September 2015 at Novotel Hotel.
- Starting the New School Year at HRC Culinary Academy On 14th September we welcomed more than 50 students from 12 different nationalities to start their professional journey at HRC Culinary Academy.
- Our student at the Belcolade factory in Belgium Our student Magdalena Mihaylova was awarded with the exciting opportunity to train for four days at the Belcolade factory in Belgium during this year’s Reward program
- Best Bulgarian Culinary Team for 2015 HRC Academy wins twice!
- Sugar artist Barbara Castiglione at the HRC Culinary Academy It was a great pleasure for us to host Chef Barbara Castiglione for a whole week at the Academy.
- Graduation 2014 We are celebrating another generation of Graduates. With a lot of pride after the 2 years full of challenges and exploring the world of Culinary arts we are wishing good luck to Generation 2012.
- We won! It is an enormous pleasure and pride to share that we won the National Culinary Cup Bulgaria 2014!
- Accreditation by the American Culinary Federation Education Foundation Accrediting Commission The education at HRC Culinary Academy was recognized by the American Culinary Federation as meeting the international standards for two-year culinary education
- Guest lecturers from Hotelschool Ter Duinen at HRC Culinary Academy Mr. Dries Cloet (chef) and Mr. Bart De Visscher (maître-sommelier) made their first journey to Bulgaria in order to work together with the students of HRC Culinary Academy for a week in June 2013
- HRC Academy students in a culinary TV show - II Student Angel Georgiev cooking with LeoAnother student of HRC Culinary Academy was a guest in the famous culinary TV Show in Bulgaria "Cooking with Leo", national TV channel TV7.
- Learn, work, travel and have fun HRC Culinary Academy internships
- HRC Academy students in a culinary TV show Two HRC Academy students have the opportunity this semester to become part of the famous culinary TV Show in Bulgaria "Cooking with Leo", national TV channel TV7.
- Chocolate time at Bulgarian Culinary Cup For a third year in a row HRC Culinary Academy takes part in the Bulgarian National Culinary Cup competition organized by the Bulgarian Association of Professional Chefs, WACS
- Talents in the heart of Bulgaria's capital Sofia Talents Sofia Opening
- HRC Academy at the finals in Spain For third consequent year HRC Culinary Academy is part of the Annual International Student Tapas Championship in Valladolid, Spain, represented by a team of student and chef instructor. The contest is part of the Spanish National Tapas competition, organized by the International School of Culinary Arts and aims to showcase students’ cooking talent on an individual basis. It is open to students of international culinary schools all over the world.
- HRC Academy at Bulgarian National Culinary Cup HRC Academy at the Bulgarian Culinary Cup'2012A creative chocolate sculpture and a chocolate tear presented the Academy team in the Pastry section of the National competition
- European Day of Healthy Food and Cooking with Children Healthy Food and Cooking with ChildrenFor a 5th consecutive year HRC Culinary Academy takes part of the European day of healthy food and cooking with children, organized by Euro-Toques Bulgaria and European Commission Representation in Bulgaria